A Few of the Car Parts that Require Periodical Replacement
This blog informs you of the vehicle parts that need to be changed quite frequently. In the tips below herein, we not only name such parts but also provide information on when they need to be replaced. There are so many people out there who love their cars and wish to keep them in prime condition. Are you one of them? If so, then informing yourself and learning all there is to know on this particular subject matter is in your best interest, not to mention your car’s, and has to be in your bucket list as well. So read this blog thoroughly to finally end all related uncertainties.
- Battery – Your car’s battery is a vital part of your vehicle that is essential at all times. When the battery starts to age it has a direct impact on the performance of your vehicle. The most common cause of battery malfunction is acid stratification due to low charge and shallow discharges. Battery stratification occurs when the sulfuric acid in the electrolyte mixture separates from the water and begins to concentrate at the bottom of your battery. Besides this, poor driving habits such as leaving the air conditioner and lights running while you’re not even in the car or your battery not charging properly can all lead to its malfunction. Ideally, your car’s battery should be replaced within a span of 4 to 5 years, and during its lifespan, you should periodically check to make sure its water level is good. When its water level is low, add only distilled or ionized battery water to it at the correct level; this battery water can be acquired at an auto parts store.
- Brake Rotors – The basic function of brake rotors is to prevent overheating in the brake system of your car when you’re driving. Now due to all the heavy, constant friction the brake pads and the calipers go through, these rotors are worn out very easily, resulting in some serious damage to your entire braking system. If you hear any squealing, grinding or growling noises while applying pressure on the brakes, chances are that your rotors are damaged.
- Headlight Components – The components of your headlights are also the type of parts that require replacement from time to time. Headlights are very much essential to maintain safety on the road when driving during the night or in foggy days and ones with heavy rain (not to mention they prevent your being stopped, searched and ticketed by the authorities). Insufficient brightness in these lights leads to low and impaired visibility which, in turn, causes accidents you would have prevented had you kept your headlights updated. To avoid such issues you must always immediately replace all your burned-out lights, check or replace the relay, fuses, and wiring when necessary and also check to see if there’s a problem with the charging system.
- Spark Plugs – Spark plug-related problems in your vehicle lead to certain deficiencies such as :
- Issues in starting your car
- Misfiring or surfing
- Rough idling
- Slow acceleration
All these symptoms indicate it is time for you to replace your spark plugs with new ones. The cost of these replacements/repairs is relatively reasonable and affordable, so there’s no need for you to worry about it.
- Fuses – Failing fuses lead to various issues such as problems with your wipers, flashers, heater and other vehicle systems. There is no set deadline in time for your fuses to be replaced, as it is all dependent upon the usage and care you give your vehicle; they can be damaged anywhere from within 3 weeks or 3 years.
Maintaining your vehicles on your own can be a difficult task, hence you would be wise to take them to a shop that will provide you with excellent auto maintenance services. If you reside in Brooklyn, New York City surrounding areas, then end your worries by getting in touch with our experts at Car Lovers Automotive. We are Number One in providing every excellent customer-centric service your vehicles need at the pocket-friendly prices you desire.
Leave a Reply